Greetings Brethren All,
Before we know it, we are into March with only three months to go for the conclusion of the 2019-29 Masonic year!
I would like to inform you that our Marshal Bro Miguel Acuna, DSA underwent heart by-pass surgery at the beginning of February after a heart attack. He is currently at home recovering. He welcomes our calls and visits. I would also like to inform you that Right Worshipful Jim Holden went through eye surgery mid February and he is home recovering. Keep both of our brothers in you thoughts and prayers.
On February 5th we had a Fellow Craft degree where five Bros’ EAs were passed to degree of Fellowcraft. Thanks to all who participated and helped perform the degree.
The new Fellow Crafts are: Bro. Paul Alcin, Bro. Dave Brijlall, Bro. Folorunsho Davidson, Bro. Ricky Maranan, Bro. Russ Michel.
On February 19th we had a Table lodge, which was attended by Bros of WP lodge, and visitors together with the DDGM R...W... Michael D. Grenadier and the Grand Sword Bearer R...W... William Keindl. The delicious food for the evening was prepared for the event by Bro Joe Lasorsa assisted by Bro Mario Hernandez.
Upcoming Lodge events:
•March 4th, 2020, Guest speaker RW David Menegon, Sr. Grand Deacon of the Grand Lodge of NY with a lecture on “Patriotism, America, and Freemasonry”
• March 18, 2020, Stated Communication
• April 1, Stated Communication
• April 15, Sublime Degree of Master Mason
Upcoming Masonic events
• March 3, 2020, Tarrytown Masonic Temple, collation 6:30 pm, gavel 8:00 pm, grand lecturer’s convention, with R...W...Richard Friedman, Grand Lecturer of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of New York. Please contact the master if you would like to join our delegation.
• April 18, District Dinner Dance 2020, 7 pm, The Pleasantville Manor (Pleasantville Country Club), 110 Nannahagan Rd, Pleasantville, NY., Pleasantville, NY. This is an annual event where the winners of Mason of the year from district lodges as well as recipients of the Distinguished Service Award are honored. RSVPs are required and must be made to our Lodge Treasurer W...Matthew Palazola.
The assignments and rehearsal for the upcoming MM degree have been announced. If you have been designated as a participant, please ensure that you attend the rehearsals. If unable to attend contact the Master.
I would like to remind the Bros Entered Apprentices and Bros Fellow Crafts that they need to be attending lodge regularly, while making proficiency. Proficiency and attendance are required to be eligible for the next degree. Make sure you are in contact with Bro. Ramon Viruete of the School of Instruction.
Lastly, if you have not paid your 2020 lodge dues, please do so ASAP.
S & F
Master, White Plains Lodge No. 473 F & A M
W.·. Andrew Lovato